Guided tour of the Santa Katalina lighthouse and visitor centre and visit to the old town and harbour in Lekeitio, plus gastronomic trail.
Lekeitio is, without doubt, one of the most picturesque fishing ports and with the greatest fishing tradition on the Basque coast. Maritime culture survives to this day, and witness to this are its streets and corners that speak of past, but also of the present.
A visit to the Santa Katalina lighthouse with its sailing simulator, a guided walk around the Old Town and seeing the neskatilas (women) in the harbour as they welcome back the boats loaded with fish all make this an unforgettable experience, certainly a must for visitors to this unique place.
It is rounded off by the atmosphere of the streets of Lekeitio itself, with the crowds of locals and visitors who pack the numerous bars and taverns to enjoy "poteo" or "txikiteo", drinks in different bars accompanied by tasty pintxo snacks.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Guided visit to the Navigation Technology Interpretation Center, in the Santa Katalina lighthouse (the only one that can be visited in the Basque Country); with navigation and storm simulator included.
Audio guided tour of the Old Town and the port of Lekeitio
- Do not includes: Transportation from the Santa Katalina Lighthouse to the town (2km).
It's a 20-minute walk if done on foot, with views of the cliffs. it enriches the experience, but conditions accessibility.
It is recommended to start at the Tourist Office, from where it is indicated how to get to the Lighthouse.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: There is no minimum
Max 4 people
- Duration: 3 hrs
- When to go: In July and August from Wednesday to Sunday.
Tourist office hours: From 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Santa Catalina Lighthouse Visit Schedule:
-Wednesday to Saturday: 11:30 am, 1:00 pm, 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm
-Sundays: 11:30 and 13:00 hrs
The rest of the year to consult
- Languages: Spanish, Basque, English and french
- Important Notes: Activity not suitable for children under 3 years old.