Traditional Basque cookery workshop in Pasai Donibane
Discover the secrets of the most famous dishes in Basque cuisine with top chefs and enjoy freshly-prepared food on a terrace beside the sea.
At the foot of the mountain of Jaizkibel, on a terrace lying right beside the sea in Pasai Donibane, is the Ziaboga restaurant, an attractive meeting point for lovers of the most authentic cuisine.
Start with a coffee and an introductory talk by our cook, Álex Barcenilla, and his team, ready to welcome you to a workshop where you'll make some of the most famous dishes in traditional Basque cuisine, such as "chipirones" (small squids in their ink) or hake in green sauce.
Once you've rolled up your sleeves, if the weather has allowed fishing, you'll get to meet Juanito Makazaga, a veteran squid fisherman who will join the workshop to show you his catch and let you in on all the secrets of this, our star product.
With the food freshly prepared and the table laid, you'll go into the dining room to enjoy a delicious meal in a cosy, relaxed atmosphere.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Cooking workshop (coffee, talk, course and visit by veteran squid fisherman)
- Do not includes: Does not include travel to the location of the experience
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Min2 people
Max 15 people
- Duration: 4 hrs
- When to go: All year round under request
In the morning: from 11:00 to 13:00
In the afternoon: from 18:30 to 20:30
- Languages: Spanish, english and french
- Important Notes: Cancellations must be done at least 48 hours in advance