Visit to the Arrikrutz caves in Oñati
Discover the best-kept secrets of the cave of Arrikrutz, marvel at its underground river, its stalactites and its palaeontological finds.
Arrikrutz cave is located at the foot of Aizkorri, one of the highest mountains in the Basque Country, near the town of Oñati. With over 14 kilometres of underground tunnels, this is a treasure trove for cave enthusiasts.
There are, however, many alternative caves for you to visit in the Basque Country : the Ekain (replica) cave, located in Zestoa, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the Santimamiñe cave, located in Kortezubi, has magnificent cave paintings up to 14,000 years old ; the Pozalagua cave in the beautiful valley of Karranza contains a unique display of fascinatingly-shaped stalactites; the Interpretation Centre for European Palaeolithic Cave Art in Lanestosa; and Arditurri mines, in Oiartzun, the oldest geological formation in the Basque Country and where mining was carried out for over 2000 years. All these are well worth a visit. Enjoy!
Option 2: The best caves in the Basque Country
- Open-ended option for unguided visits to the main caves (open to visitors) in the Basque Country: Arrikrutz in Oñati, Ekain (replica) in Zestoa, Santimamiñe in Kortezubi, Pozalagua in the Valley of Karranza, the Interpretation Centre of European Cave Art in Lanestosa, and Arditurri Mines, in Oiartzun.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Open-ended option for unguided visits to the main caves (open to visitors) in the Basque Country.
- Do not includes: Travel to the place of experience.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Minimum 1 person
Maximum 20 people
- Duration: 1 hour
- When to go: All year round. Select day and time.
- Languages: Basque, Spanish, Catalan, English and French
- Important Notes: Aurkezpena 15 min. bisitako ordua baino lehen