Medieval Labastida, a morning around wine and gastronomy
The experience begins visiting one of the most beautiful villages in the Basque Country: Labastida. We will walk around the old quarter discovering its history, its monuments and all the secrets hidden in the stones. A casual tour, enjoying the environment, that will end visiting a winery located in a medieval cave. A place full of magic that belongs to a family that is making wine for at least 600 years.
Manuel Quintano’s legacy is alive in cellars of Labastida and you will prove in a taste of 3 different wines. Manuel Quintano was born in Labastida more than 200 years ago and was first person in Spain that made a “modern, cultivated wine”.
Once you know where you are we will take you to a very traditional restaurant where you will taste traditional cousine (including the famous “lamb chops”). Delicatessen from the region and a pleasure for you foodies.
A unique experience, around wine, in Rioja Alavesa.
Option 2. The tour can finish visiting a second winery in Labastida, tasting 2 more delicious wines.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Visit to the Medieval Village of Labastida, visit to the winery (with wine tasting) and traditional menu.
In the second option also includes another visit to the winery with tasting of 2 wines.
- Do not includes: Travel to the place where the activity begins
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Min 2 people
- Duration: 5 or 7 hrs depending on the option
- When to go: From Tuesday to Sunday
- Hour & Meeting Point: 11:00 am La Paz square in Labastida
- Languages: Spanish and english