Chillida and Iron: from tradition to modernity
Visit a 15th-century ironworks, try a classic "pintxo ferrón" for lunch and discover Chillida's "The Magic of Iron" in a former factory converted into a modern art venue.
The tour begins in an outstanding setting, at the foot of the Aizkorri-Aratz nature park in the so-called Valle del Hierro (Iron Valley, Gipuzkoa province).
You'll immerse yourself in tradition at the Basque Iron Museum, where you'll find out how iron forged our character.
Then you'll visit the Mirandaola Ironworks, steeped in the magic of fire, where you can find out what it was like to work in the traditional Basque ironworks by helping to make a forged iron piece that you can then take away with you as a souvenir.
For lunch you'll have the classic barbecued "pintxo ferrón": spicy txistorra pork sausage accompanied by farmhouse bread and a "txotx" of cider.
You'll finish off by going into a former factory, Chillida Lantoki, converted into a modern art venue.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Welcome to Mirandaola Park, in the Valle del Hierro (Iron Valley).
Guided tour of the Basque Iron Museum
Visit to the Mirandaola Ironworks.
Help to make a forged iron piece.
Lunch. Trying a Pintxo Ferrón
Visit to Chillida Lantoki
- Do not includes: No incluye el desplazamiento, pero la guía les acompañará en todo momento.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Min 4 people
Max 65 people
- Duration: 1 hr 50 min
- When to go: Sundays from April to October
- Hour & Meeting Point: Fundacion Lenbur
- Languages: Spanish and Basque
Visits in English and French with prior reservation and increase of 40 € in the price.
- Important Notes: 1.5 kilometres from one place to the other
Suitable for all audiences
Special tours for families