Mediaeval Trail along the Bizkaia coastline
Route around 6 “tower-houses” to discovery their history at a dark time, the middle ages.
The Mediaeval Trail in the comarca (county) of Uribe offers you the chance to get to know six localities that were of great importance in mediaeval Bizkaia, from a very special point of view, in the company of a professional guide.
The starting point for this journey is the locality of Larrabetzu, a stop on the Camino de Santiago (St. James' Way) and the Ruta Juradera (Oath Trail) in the 15th century.
You'll carry on to Zamudio, where you'll find out about some of the terrible stories caused by hunger and social differences.
From there you'll go on to Mungia, where its localities and villages await you.
The next stop is Gatika, near Butrón castle, where you'll learn about some traditions of the period, before going to Erandio, where you'll learn about mediaeval families.
And the end of your journey, Plentzia, set in a strategic spot.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Guided tour of the “tower houses” of Larrabetzu, Zamudio, Mungia, Gatika, Erandio and Plentzia.
- Do not includes: Does not include the transfer or accommodation.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Min 2 people
Max 20 people
- Duration: 4 hrs
- When to go: All year round
- Hour & Meeting Point: Larrabetzu
- Languages: Spanish, Basque, English, French and Italian
- Important Notes: Comfortable clothing and footwear
The price does not include transfers between the municipalities. Possibility of public transport and/or vehicle hire.
Cancellation policy. Returns:
75% before 72 hrs
50% before 48 hrs
25% before 24 hrs