More than Idiazabal cheese in Tolosaldea
Find out how the cheese is made, how a flock is handled and the processes involved in making the different cheeses. Enjoy a tasting of Idiazabal cheeses in a privileged setting, at the foot of the Aralar nature park.
The Larte cheese farm is in the locality of Amezketa, in a place called Aitzio, at the foot of the Aralar nature park. Its pale-faced latxa sheep graze in the surrounding fields, feeding on the grass that gives such a characteristic flavour to the cheeses made by Arantxa.
This will be the incomparable setting for a tasting of Idiazabal and also other cheeses, for example the blue latxa sheep cheese made right here, as well as others, and you'll be able to enjoy the thousands of flavours that can be created with the different ways of making Idiazabal.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Visit to the facilities
Visit to the place where the cheese is made and explanation of the process
Tasting of different varieties of cheese
- Do not includes: Does not include the travel to the location of the experience
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Min 2 people
Max 35 people
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- When to go: All year round
- Hour & Meeting Point: Cheese shop Larte in Amezketa
- Languages: Spanish and Basque
- Important Notes: Buses cannot get to the cheese farm. They have to stop in a parking area 10 minutes' walk away.
Minibuses and cars can get here with no problem.
Cancellation policy. Returns:
100% before 72 hrs
50% before 48 hrs
25% before 24 hrs