Potholer for a day in the Arrikrutz caves in Oñati
Caving workshop with two expert guides in galleries not fitted out for the public in the caves of Arrikrutz in Oñati.
An indescribable paradise is hidden in the depths of the Basque Country in caves and underground galleries. This is a wonderful opportunity to delve into the mysterious world of caves and to find out more about the work of speleologists. The Basque Country is known around the world for the geological, archaeological and paleontological value of its subterranean caves.
Arrikrutz cave is located at the foot of Aizkorri, one of the highest mountains in the Basque Country, near the town of Oñati. With over 14 kilometres of underground tunnels, this is a treasure trove for cave enthusiasts. Visitors will see an underground river at a depth of 50 metres, stalactites and paleontological remains (skeletons of cave lions, panthers and bears). Come and crawl through the cave, help the guides to mark out the topographic points and identify its unique fauna. Try being a speleologist for a day, in the company of two expert guides. You won’t be sorry!
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: - Introduction to the cave at the “Cuevas de Arrikrutz” Centre of Interpretation in Oñati.
- Speleology workshop led by two expert guides (clothing and equipment) in tunnels closed to the general public.
- Do not includes: Transport to the caves.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Minimum 4 persons y maximum 15.
- Duration: 3,5 hrs aprox.
- When to go: All year round (please enquire beforehand). Weekends-Saturdays for Arrikrutz (please enquire).
- Languages: Spanish, Basque, English, French