Basque Country sport up close, wanna bet?
Discover and try your hand at a Basque traditional game or sport, with experts training for top championships.
Getxo has an ideal venue for these activities: the Andra Mari frontón with its fine glass-walled pelota court and a “probaleku” or competition venue.
Discover the world of Basque country sports at first hand and try your hand at some of them accompanied by experts who take part in national and international championships of different kinds. Choose the sports you most fancy and have fun trying them. An experience to remember.
Andra Mari pelota court in the locality of Getxo, in the province of Bizkaia. This is the meeting point for a group of young people who train and compete in a range of typical Basque country sports.
You start with an explanation of the different types of sport, the training exercises and a short demonstration of some of these sports (about 20 minutes).
This is followed by a chance to join in with the country sports or games of your choice.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Outline and theoretical description of Basque country sports and the different types that exist.
Practical demonstration of the different sports and a chance to try the activities of your choice.
- Do not includes: Travel to the location of the experience
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: There is no minimum group of people.
Maximum of 10 people.
Higher groups consult.
- Duration: 1 hr
- Highlights: · Discovering the world of Basque country sports through young people in training for different competitions: description and demonstration.
· Trying the sport of your choice accompanied by a trainer.
- When to go: All year round (no appointment necessary on Tuesdays and Thursdays; at other times by prior arrangement
- Languages: Spanish, Basque, English, French