The Cathedral of Vitoria. Visit to the Cathedral + Tower
This unified visit allows us to enjoy an in-depth visit to Santa Maria Cathedral from the deepest corners of its underground spaces to the city’s watchtower.
The visit allows you to get a deeper knowledge about the construction of a gothic cathedral. With this tour we will learn the constructive phases of Santa María Cathedral, the problems that have afflicted it for many centuries, the archeological and architectural investigation works and the future projects. The itinerary allows the visitant to appreciate the building in its entirety from the foundation areas to its different levels. With this visit we will also can follow the stonework evolution that have been carried out to reinforce the foundations and the new floor that has been built in the cathedral. We will also go over the round outer passage on the city walls as well as the clerestory, to finally, value the restoration of the cathedral arcade and get delighted with the extraordinary quality work of the tympanum, which is part of one of the best 14th century facades in the country.
This visit allows you to climb to the first square of bells in the tower.
No customer comments for the moment.
- Includes: Guided visit to the cathedral + tower.
- Do not includes: Displacements.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: No minimum required.
Maximum 20 people per group.
- Duration: About 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- When to go: All year round.
- Hour & Meeting Point: The visit will begin at the Visitor Reception Centre with access from the Bullería Square (in front of El Portalón restaurant) or from Fray Zacarías Martínez street (next to Los Anda tower). The visitor will have to collect the tickets at the Centre ten minutes before the beginning of the visit.
- Languages: Spanish, Basque, English, French and German.
- Important Notes: A 10 minutes introduction before the beginning of the activity.
If the visitor does not arrive at the beginning of the visit the vacancy will not be guaranteed.