A pinch of salt in the salt valley
Visit a place unique in the world, a natural salt landscape for over 6,500 years, and find out all about what is one of the world's finest salts according to experts and top chefs.
Your introduction to the world of salt begins with a guided tour of the Salt Valley, a candidate for listing as a UNESCO World heritage Site, where we’ll tell you about its history, its architecture and the geological and biological peculiarities that make this place a unique, world-famous landscape. You’ll have the chance to try the brine (salty water) that flows through the complex network of channels that feed the pans and you can try the tools and methods used by the salt workers.
You’ll be part of the process of harvesting and packing the salt and enjoy the medicinal properties of brine at the open-air Saline Spa, into which you can dip your hands and feet. After relaxing, you can taste and buy the different varieties of gourmet salt produced in the Sant Valley.
- Includes: High season: Guided visit + Tasting + Saline Spa
Low season: Guided visit + Tasting
- Do not includes: Displacements
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: No minimum required
Maximum 25 people per group
- Duration: 1 hr
- When to go: All year round at 12:30
- Languages: Euskera, Castellano, Inglés y Francés
- Important Notes: 15 minutes introduction before beginning the visit